Thursday, March 20, 2008

I'm A High-Tech Hound!

I'm not sure if dogs are supposed to have blogs, but I figured us canines are just as deserving of a little social networking, although I prefer to think of it as virtual butt sniffing.



Perhaps I should introduce myself. My name is Elston and I'm a Beagle. I was recently given up to a local shelter by my old family in southern Illinois because they were 'moving' (like that's a good excuse to get rid of me, those bastards!). Anyway, I was picked up by an adoption organization in Chicago, and that's how my new family found me and adopted me on March 2, 2008.

My new owners seem pretty cool, though they're being totally obnoxious about keeping me off their bed. It's become a test of endurance; I figured if I just keep jumping up there and act all cute and cuddly, they're bound to cave eventually, right? Granted, they did get me a nice dog bed and placed it right next to theirs, but we all know that human beds are just better (as evidenced by the fact that they never sleep on the dog bed).

The last few days have been pretty exciting. Yesterday I figured out that if I stand on the window seat in the kitchen, I can jump from there onto the adjacent countertop! Yeah, baby! I was a bit bummed out that there weren't big slabs of meat or anything up there, but one of these days there might be...

And this morning I discovered that the round white thing that they sit on is actually a really fancy water dish. I have absolutely no idea why they sit on it (you don't see me sitting on my dish). I must admit it's a little tall for a dog like me, but the water was nice and cold. For some reason Dad got all mad about it and put the cover down; c'mon guys, can't you share?

Well, that'll do it for today, I'm exhausted (typing on a laptop keyboard with dog paws is a major PITA).

No comments: